“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” Jesus in Mark 12:30-31 (NIV).
Ephesians 5:33, “However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.”
“To thine own self be true” said William Shakespeare. Do people know how to nurture themselves? Henry Cloud wrote a number of Godly Boundary books. You’ll have more to give.
Some ways I’ve learned:
- Have a plan for the day, but be flexible. Jesus was always getting interrupted and went with the flow.
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Be pleasant with repeat offenders, but curtail their visits or phonecalls.
- Eat right, listen to your body; cravings for yogurt, olive oil, salad, meat, sweets (honey, maple syrup), etc.
- Get your happy time; prayer corner, walk in the park, gym, time with friends and family, cooking, gardening, singing, Paint a picture
- Respect others’ bounderies
“I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.” Jesus in Luke 11:8. This is a picture of God.