“My beloved has gone to his garden, to the beds of spices,” Song 6:2
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 5 whole cloves, can remove before serving (equals about 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 13.5 ounce can Coconut milk unsweetened
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
Heat olive oil on low in large skillet. Add garlic, stir as it softens for about 10 minutes. Stir in the rest of the spices, add the chicken pieces, cover them with the spices, brown on all sides, tossing for about 15 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk, then peas. Cover and heat through, ensuring the chicken is thoroughly cooked, for about 10 minutes. Serve over rice.
*** This is adapted from an old curry recipe that I found on the internet! Only in the past few years have I been using ready-made curry powder, “Wild Oats” organic brand. Also, if using chicken on the bone, cook with the bones in, and remove before serving, they should fall right off. Use any combination of spices to your taste.